Dalgety Show Rural Achiever Award
The Dalgety Show Society Rural Achiever Award open for entries for the 11th time in 2020.
The 2020 Dalgety Show society Rural Achiever Award is open to both males and females aged between 20 and 29 years old, as of 1st May, 2020.
Applicants for the Award must live or have grown up in the Snowy Monaro Regional Council area. The Award aims to recognise young rural people who are making a significant contribution to their local community and to rural Australia.
The successful entrant:-
- Will have grown up or currently live in the Snowy Monaro Regional Council Local Government area.
- Will be 20 to 29 years of age as at the 1st May 2021.
- Will be of presentable appearance.
- Will not necessarily have tertiary qualifications. Tertiary qualifications are not a prerequisite for entry into the Rural Achiever Award.
- May have contributed to community activities such as Rural Fire Service, agricultural shows, rural youth activities etc.
- May have interests related to aspects of rural activities such as Young Farmers, agricultural shows, land-care activities or advisory panels relative to agriculture.
- May have hobbies or interests that are related to the rural environment.
- May have ambitions to excel in a rural-related field such as a rural business, rural training or pursue further qualifications relative to rural and regional Australia.
- Will have a vision as to where he/she would like to see regional and rural Australia in 10 years time.
- Will be able to describe what they define as the attributes of an effective leader.
- He/she will have ideas on how they could contribute to improving their local community.
- He/she will have ideas on how their selection as Dalgety Show Society’s Rural Achiever could contribute to improving their local community.
- Will be able to articulate why they should be judged as the 2020 Dalgety Show Society’s Rural Achiever.
- Will be interested in representing the Dalgety Show Society in the 2019 Royal Agricultural Society’s Rural Achiever competition.
Entries for 2020 are now closed.